Committed to Health and Safety
The well-being of our guests, our associates and our staff is our absolute priority. During these unprecedented times, health and safety have our undivided attention.
With new demanding hygiene and safety procedures in place, the Atrion hotel team is ready to welcome our guests to Heraklion.
Health and Safety Protocols
Atrion Hotel has developed an action plan and individual protocols for each department of the hotel.
The action plan is in compliance with International and Greek Health Organization guidelines and is updated accordingly.
In line with the plan, the hotel’s Health & Safety Coordinator supervises and ensures that the protocol is being followed, and our doctor on call acts on the instructions of Health Authorities.
All staff members:
- Are trained on practices for cleaning and disinfecting identified spots, following hygiene rules to avoid transmitting the virus (frequent hand washing, avoiding handshakes, physical distancing, avoiding contact of hands with eyes, nose and mouth and respiratory hygiene).
- Are aware of how the Covid-19 virus is transmitted and able to provide information to guests.
- Are provided with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, face shields, waterproof aprons etc.).
- Undergo thermal screening before every shift.
- Disinfection box is used to sterilize all key cards.
- Extension of duration of check-out and check-in times between stays (check out by 11am and check in from 3pm) so that rooms can be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and aired out through natural ventilation.
- Antiseptic is available at all times.
- Designated distances.
- Plexiglas window has been placed at reception.
- Frequent disinfection of reception desk.
- All team members and staff are fully trained and capable to inform guests on the hotel’s rules and the new measures taken and capable to identify Covid-19 symptoms in order to report to the health coordinator.
- A medical kit is always available, which includes disposable gloves, masks, and antiseptic.
- Entrance to the rooms is not allowed to people who are not staying at the hotel.
Housekeeping (Rooms, Public Areas)
- Enhanced disinfection and deep cleaning practices have been implemented in accordance to Health Organization instructions.
- The usage of A/C within rooms is at guests’ discretion.
- In addition to the normal cleaning procedures, the public areas, the main entrance, reception, door handles, counter tops, tables, handrails, elevator knobs and other “high-frequency touch points” are being sanitized frequently.
- Individual antiseptic gel is provided to each guest.
- All linens are washed at high temperature levels for optimal disinfection.
- Rooms are well-ventilated to maximize air quality.
- Hand sanitizers are present in all public areas.
- Shared multi-purpose items such as stationary, menus, magazines, etc. have been removed from the rooms.
- Cleaning and change of sheets, pillowcases and towels are upon request.
Restaurant & Bar
- All food is served by staff wearing appropriate PPE.
- According to government rules, one customer per 2,5 square meters is allowed in our restaurant and cafes. The maximum number of customers per table is six people. There is no limit for families with minors.
- Breakfast is served on an å la carte basis at our dining room and patio or at our buffet in individually wrapped portions.
Conference & Events
Conference rooms and event areas operate according to the current legal framework. Conference rooms are pre-cooled, and during the event there is supply of fresh air only.
Rules for social distancing, seating distribution and gathering size apply.
How you can take care of us:
- Please sanitize your hands as often as possible.
- Please cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing and wash your hands promptly.
- Please respectfully abide by social distancing.
- Please air your room frequently.
- Always close the toilet lid before flushing.
- Check in is at 3pm and Check out is at 11am.
- In case you develop symptoms during your stay, please remain in your room and contact the hotel’s certified Health Officer who will contact the medical doctor and follow the protocol for the provision of immediate medical care.
For any additional information you may require, please contact us